This training program is a supplement to club developmental training. The focus of this program is to speed up the development of players by introducing advanced training and First Touch Training concepts. These sessions feature a more intense technical and tactical training to help increase players speed of play and understanding of the game. The program is designed and implemented by our top level coaches. Please contact us to set up this program with your club team.
First Touch Training features a system of drills and concepts that focus solely on developing the most crucial part of any player’s game, their first touch. We develop a sense of calmness and confidence when attempting to control the ball by focusing on the techniques necessary to achieve a mastery of skills and ball control.
This training involves simulated game-like training, futsal skills training, speed and agility drills, plyo-metric activities, and repetition as the basis to strengthen the weaker areas of any player’s game. First Touch Training was developed to address a growing need to increase the skill level and confidence of players in 1 v. 1 situations.
Who Needs It ???
- Struggle while taking on players.
- Panic and lose composure while attempting to trap or settle the ball.
- Cannot beat players one versus one.
- Dribble out of bounds or into defenders.
- Cannot control the ball in the box or in tight spaces.
- Miss-kick when clearing or passing the ball.
- Want to receive a better understanding of the game of soccer.
- Are looking to become more complete soccer player.
- Individual Ball Skills
- * Precision Passing
- Ball Control / Trapping
- * Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- * Team Attacking
- Team Defending
- * Crossing Level I
- Crossing Level II
- * Set Pieces / Re-starts
- Shooting & Finishing Level I
- * Shooting & Finishing Level II
- Systems of Play / Speed of Play / Transitional Play
- * Identifying Player Roles / Match Preparation / Goal Setting / Nutrition
- Designates that 10-15 minutes of session will focus on fitness and agility training.
- Speed Ladders
- Plyo Metrics
- Speed Rings